Filipino Style Recipe: Breakfast Beef and Potatoes is a simple breakfast beef dish similar to adobong giniling. The dish is consisting of marinated beef sirloin cut into thin strips then cooked together with diced potatoes. Best to serve during breakfast together with fried rice.
500 grams beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
2 pieces medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, cut into diced
4 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil flakes(optional)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano flakes(optional)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon grind pepper
salt and sugar to taste
1. Marinate beef for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat oil and fry the potatoes until slightly brown. Set aside.
1. In a same pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and bell pepper.
2. Add marinated beef then cook until light brown.
3. Add marinade, herbs, and chili flakes.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes then adjust seasoning according to taste. Add water if necessary.
5. Add fried potatoes then cook until sauce is thickens to nearly dry.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments