Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken and Pork Red Curry is another mouth-watering dish inspired to Indian and Islamic cuisine. This dish is another variety of typical Filipino curry dish. The dish is usually made of chicken and pork meat cooked in cream, curry powder and chilies until tender. Curry is one of the popular spices that gives a spicy and strong flavor.
1/2 kilo pork, cut into serving pieces
1/2 chicken, cut into serving pieces
3 potatoes, quartered
2 carrots, cut into cubes
2 bell peppers(red & green), slice into strips
1 cup all purpose cream
3 tablespoons red curry powder(dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water)
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, fry potatoes and carrots until color turns to light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In the same pan, saute garlic and onion until soft.
2. Add chicken and pork then stir cook until color turns to light brown.
3. Add fish sauce, dissolved curry powder and water then simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
4. Add celery, bell peppers, fried potatoes and carrots then simmer for a minute.
5. Add cream, salt and ground pepper then simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickens. Keep stirring.
6. Remove from heat and transfer to serving plate. Garnish with chopped celery leaves.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments