Filipino Style Recipe: Pinakbet or Pakbet with Chicharon (crispy pork rind) is a tasty vegetable dish consisting of different fresh vegetables, pork, and shrimp paste. One of my favorite when it comes to vegetables dishes as long as not overcooked.
1/4 kilo pork belly, cut into small cubes
1 small pack chickaron (crispy pork rind), crushed
1/4 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 squash, chopped into 2×1 inch cubes
1 large eggplant, cut in halves and sliced diagonally
1 bunch string beans(sitaw), cut in 2-inch length
6 pieces okra, cut diagonally
1 medium-sized bitter melon(ampalaya), cut in half seeded and slice diagonally
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1 piece onion, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, sliced in strips
3 large tomato, diced
4 tablespoon shrimp paste(bagoong alamang)
1 cup of water
3 tablespoon cooking oil
salt, sugar and pepper to balance the taste
1. In a pan, heat cooking oil over medium heat.
2. Saute the garlic, ginger, onion and tomato
3. Add the pork and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until color turns light brown.
4. Put-in the shrimp and shrimp paste and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add water and increase the heat to bring it to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pork is tender
6. Add the squash and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until texture becomes soft
7. Add in all the remaining vegetables, mix with the other ingredients.
8. Simmer for 5 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked.(Do not overcook the vegetables)
9. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with crushed chicharon. Serve with rice. Share and Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments