Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken and Banana Adobo is another variety of popular Filipino Adobo. This dish is similar to traditional chicken adobo with fried banana.
500 grams chicken, cut into serving pieces
3-4 pieces cardava banana (saba), cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
2 tablespoons sugar
salt to taste
1/4 cup cooking oil
1-2 cups chicken broth
1. In a pot, combine chicken, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, soy sauce and vinegar.
2. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.
3. Drain garlic and chicken then reserve the sauce. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then fry banana until light brown. Remove and set aside.
1. In a same pan, fry marinated chicken for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Reduce oil to 1 tablespoon. Add garlic then fry until light brown.
3. Pour marinade and water then simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Add more water if necessary.
4. Add fried banana and sugar then adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments