Filipino Style Recipe: Pansit Palabok with Squid is popular noodle dish in the Philippines. Pansit palabok is made of pansit bihon served palabok sauce made of shrimp juice, annatto water, flour and fish sauce. Topped with squid, tinapa flakes, sliced hard-boiled eggs, and chicharon.
200 grams ground pork
annatto water(dilute 1 tablespoon annatto seeds in 1/4 cup hot water)
1/2 cup flour or cornstarch(dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
2 pieces onions, chopped
1 shrimp cube(Bouillon cube)
3 cups water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste
500 grams squid, clean and cut into rings
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb-sized ginger, grated
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup smoked fish(tinapa)(fried and flakes)
1/2 cup chicharong baboy, ground
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Add squid, soy sauce and vinegar then stir cook over high heat until the sauce reduced.
3. Add oyster sauce then cook until almost dry. Set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil saute onion then add ground pork. Cook until brown.
2. Pour water, annato water, shrimp cube and dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until thicken.
3. Season with fish sauce and pepper according to taste. Keep warm and set aside.
1. Cook pasta according to package instruction. Drain and transfer to serving plate.
1. Pour the sauce on top then arrange squid over the sauce.
2. Sprinkle with ground chicharon, tinapa flakes and spring onions then serve with calamansi.
Powered by Facebook Comments