4 pieces Giant Squid
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
2 raw eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper then mix well.
2. Prepare beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
1. Clean the squid and remove the skin.
2. slit a long horizontal line on topside then press to flatten.
3. Slice 2 inch apart on both sides of the squid.
4. Skewered each squid then season with salt and pepper.
5. Dredge squid into dry mixture then shake off to remove excess mixture.
6. Dip in beaten eggs and dredge again into dry mixture to coat all sides.
7. Repeat the steps for the remaining squid. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat enough oil then deep fry each squid for a minute or until golden brown.
2. Drain then serve with dipping sauce.
Powered by Facebook Comments