500 grams chicken breast
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
a pinch ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cooking oil
20 pieces banana leaves, cut into semi-rectangular shape
10 cups cooked white rice
1. In a pot, boil chicken breast for 20 minutes or until tender. Reserve 1 cup broth.
2. Shred chicken breast into small strips. Set aside.
1. In a wok, heat oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add shredded chicken then stir cook for a minutes.
3. Pour chicken broth, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce.
4. Season with sugar and ground black pepper according to taste then simmer until liquid evaporates. Turn off the heat.
1. Singe each banana leaf into flames for a few seconds but do not burn. Let it cool then wipe with clean cloth.
2. Place banana leaf in a clean table then brush a little oil.
3. Scoop a half cup of rice and 1 tablespoon chicken filling then wrap neatly. Serve.neatly and serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments