1 piece(2 kg) pork pata(pork hock or knuckle), cleaned
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1 head garlic, pounded
1 white onions, chopped
5 chili hot peppers(siling labuyo), seeded and chopped
12 pieces peppercorns
4 pieces bay leaves
4 tablespoons salt
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. In a large pot, pour water then add garlic, onion, peppercorns, bay leaves, chili hot peppers and salt.
2. Add pata then bring to boil over medium heat for 1.5 hours or until tender. Add water if necessary.
3. Drain, pat-dry and let it cool.
1. Prick pata with a fork to make holes all over, rub with salt and pepper.
2. Deep fry over low heat for 20 minutes or until skin becomes crisp and golden brown.
3. Drain then serve with dipping sauce(soy sauce, calamansi, chili, chopped onion).
Powered by Facebook Comments