You can use this salted caramel sauce to drizzle on your favorite pastries or even on smoothies, or just eat it on its own as a dessert. You can prepare ahead of time and store in the fridge for future use.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoon all purpose cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a pan over medium heat, put the sugar and wait until it starts to melt. Do not stir the unmelted portion as this will cause the sugar to harden. The sugar will turn to thick amber colored liquid. You may now start stirring careful not to burn the sugar.
2. Stir the butter until completely melted.
3. Slowly drizzle the all purpose cream . The mixture will bubble rapidly, continuously stir until the cream is evenly incorporated.The mixture will thicken once cooled.
4. Remove from heat and stir half of the salt. You may add the other half depending on your preference to the saltiness of your salted caramel.
Note: Put in a bottle and cover tightly if not yet to be used. You may store this in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Filipino Style Recipe: Nachos with Chili Con Carne is a Mexican dish usually served as snack. The dish is consist of tortilla chips covered with chili con carne, sour cream and cheese.
100 grams tortilla chips
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Jalapeño pepper, sliced
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
2/3 cup cheese sauce/spread
Chili Con Carne:
500 grams ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons cayenne or chili powder
1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 large-sized tomatoes, chopped
1-2 teaspoons dried or fresh oregano(optional)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 cup beef stock or water
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the ground beef. Cook over a medium heat until color turns to brown.
2. Saute the onion, garlic and chilli. After sauteing, mix with ground beef and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add beef stock, tomato paste and tomatoes then simmer for 20 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
4. Add the oregano, cumin and bell pepper then adjust seasoning according taste.
1. Place nachos in a serving plate, add chili con carne on top.
2. Drizzle with sour cream and cheese.
3. Sprinkle with olives, onions and jalapeno. Serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: Cheesy Ground Beef Nachos is a popular Mexican dish made of delicious corn tortilla chips loaded with various toppings and cheese sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
Corn tortilla chips
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
100 grams sliced black olives
1/2 cup picked sliced jalapenos
500 grams ground beef
1 white onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup low-fat milk, chilled
1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute onion.
Add beef and seasoning then cook until brown and crumble. Drain and set aside.
1. In a same pan, add butter and flour then stir until smooth.
2. Slowly add chilled milk then whisk constantly until smooth. Break any lumps.
3. Add broth and seasoning then simmer until bubbly and thickened.
4. Lower the heat then add shredded cheese, stir continuously until smooth. Set aside.
1. In bowl, combine salsa ingredients then toss. Set aside
1. In a serving plate, layer the tortilla chips evenly then top with taco meat, salsa then drizzle with cheese sauce. Top with extra salsa. Serve and enjoy!
Filipino Style Recipe: Mango Salsa is a delicious and colorful salsa made with mangoes, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice and spring onion. This is usually serve as side dish for with fried or grilled food.
Estimated time of preparation: 5-7 minutes
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons spring onion, chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine mango, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and spring onion then toss together.
2. Sprinkle with remaining spring onion then serve with sauteed shrimp paste.
Filipino Style Recipe: Sauteed Shrimp Paste or Ginisang Bagoong Alamang is popular Filipino dip together with raw mango. Filipino shrimp paste is made from fermented krill(alamang) sauteed in ginger, garlic, onion and tomatoes. This is commonly served as side dish or paired with mango, turnip, steamed spinach, etc.
2 cups raw shrimp paste(alamang)
1 cup pork meat with fat, cut into small pieces
5 cloves garlic
1 onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
3 pieces red chili(labuyo), chopped
2 Tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup water
Part 1 (Optional)
1. Wash shrimp paste into running water then drain well.(This will help to reduce the saltiness of shrimp paste).
1. In a pan, stir cook pork fat until oil comes out then add pork meat and stir cook until golden brown.
2. Add ginger, garlic, onion, tomatoes then saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add shrimp paste, water, chili, vinegar and sugar then stir cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Remove from heat then serve as side dish or pair with raw mango.