Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong sitaw at tofu is another variant of Filipino adobo. It consist of string beans and tofu braised in soy sauce, vinegar and spices.
250 grams firm tofu, cut into serving pieces
1 bunch string beans(sitaw), cut into 2-inch lengths and ends discarded
1 head garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons of vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 bay leaves
10 whole black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
sugar and salt to taste
1. In a pan, melt butter then fry tofu until light brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
1. In a same pan, add garlic and onion then saute until translucent.
2. Put back fried tofu then pour water, soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf and pepper then simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Add string beans, stir and simmer for another 8-10 minutes or until string beans in tender.
4. Season with sugar and salt according to taste.
5. Transfer to serving bowl. Serve hot and enjoy!