500 grams beef, cut into chunks
1 can (85 grams)liver spread
1 large onions, minced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
250 grams tomato sauce
3 large potatoes, cubed
2 large carrots, cubed
2 red and green bell peppers, diced
1 small can snow peas, drained
6 cups water or beef stock
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2-3 hot chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
1/4 cup cheese, grated or cubed(optional)
1. In a pan heat oil and fry potatoes and carrots until golden brown.
2. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add beef, continue sauteing for 5 minutes.
3. Add water and simmer for at least 1-2 hour or until beef is tender. Add water if necessary.
4. Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, bay leaves, salt and ground pepper then simmer for 5-8 minutes.
5. Add carrots, potatoes, bell pepper, snowpeas and chili. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
6. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
7. Add liverspread and cheese and simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
8. Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.