Filipino Style Recipe: batchoy is another noodle soup dish that usually served specially during rainy season. Normally the miki noodles blanch in boiling water then drain and arrange in a bowl. Top with strips of pork meat and liver then pour with pork broth.Garnish with crushed chicharon, spring onions and toasted garlic.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 5 servings
500 grams fresh miki noodles
200 grams pork meat
200 grams pork liver
300 grams pork intestines(optional)
1 onion, quartered
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon shrimp paste(bagoong)
2 tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
8 cups water
1 pack pork cracklings(chicharon), crushed
2 tablespoons spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoons garlic, toasted
1. In a pot, blanch miki noodles in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, pour water and bring to boil.
2. Add onion, sugar, shrimp paste, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to boil.
3. Add all pork meat and innards and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until tender.
4. Remove the innards and meat from broth. Let it cool then slice int strips.
5. In a bowl, arrange miki noodles and put pork meat and innards on top.
6. Pour enough broth and garnish with crushed chicharon, spring onions and toasted garlic.
7. Serve hot