Filipino Style Recipe: stir fried beef with asparagus and red pepper is another easy and simple dish. Normally the beef strips marinate then stir fry until light brown then cooked with marinade, cornstarch, asparagus and red bell pepper.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 20-25 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
1/2 kilo beef sirloin, slice thinly into strips
300 grams asparagus, cut into 1 inch
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 3 tablespoons water)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1. In a bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
1. In a pan, heat oil and stir fry beef over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a same pan, saute ginger and garlic from marinade.
3. Add asparagus and red pepper then stir fry for a few seconds.
4. Add stir fried beef, marinade and dissolved cornstarch. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
5. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Baked stuffed bell peppers is another special dish made of bell peppers filled with ground meat then topped with grated cheese. The stuffed bell peppers cooked in a oven until the cheese melts. You may also used leftover ground meat to lessen the time of preparation.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking and baking: 30 minutes
Good for 5 servings
5-6 pieces bell peppers, large sized
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten(optional)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese(optional)
300 grams ground beef/pork with fat
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
1 tomatoes, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut each bell pepper in half, wash and remove seeds and membranes.
2. In a pan, boil water with salt then add bell peppers. Cook for 3 minutes then drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, cook beef until color turns to light brown and start to render oil.
2. Add garlic, onion and tomatoes then stir cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
3. Season with salt and pepper according to taste. Let it cool and set aside.
1. In a bowl, beat egg then add beef mixture. Mix well.
2. Fill each bell peppers with beef mixture then sprinkle with grated cheese on top.
3. Arrange bell peppers in a baking pan then bake over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve while hot.