Filipino Style Recipe: Lemon and Mint Water is a refreshing and healthy drinks made of fresh mint, lemon and water. This drinks is an antioxidant and a great source of vitamin C ideal for those on diet. It helps the body to cleanse any toxins in the system and aids in weight loss.
2 lemons, thinly sliced
fresh mint leaves
1 2/3 liters water
juice of one lemon
honey to taste (optional)
1. In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients then allow flavors to infuse inside the fridge for a few hours.
2. Serve chilled.
Filipino Style Recipe: Mojito is a popular cocktail drink from Cuba. This beverage is also known as Cuban highball and become a popular summer drink. Mojito is a combination of sweetness, refreshing citrus and mint flavors made of mashed mint leaves, lime juice, white rum, simple syrup and club soda.
Estimated time of preparation: 5 minutes
Good for 1 serving
6 pieces mint leaves
1 1/2 tablespoons simple syrup(1 tablespoon sugar dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water)
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons white rum
3 tablespoons club soda or sparkling water
2 lime slices
1. In a container with lid, lightly mashed mint leaves with lime juice.
2. Add white rum, simple syrup and ice cubes. Cover and shake well for 15 seconds.
3. In a serving glass, add ice then pour mixture then club soda. Garnish with lime slices and mint sprig then serve cold with straw.
Filipino Style Recipe: Pina colada smoothie is a popular beverage from Puerto Rico and most Filipinos are starting to love this beverage. This drink is consists of coconut cream and pineapple then blended in ice cubes together with light rum then garnish with pineapple slices and cherries.
Good for 4 servings
3/4 cup coconut cream
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup light rum(optional)
2 cups ice cubes
4 pineapple slices(optional)
8 maraschino cherries(optional)
1. In a blender, process pineapple slices, coconut cream, light rum and ice cubes for 15 seconds or until smooth.
2. Pour into glasses then garnish with pineapple slices and cherries. Serve cold.
1. You may also add condensed milk for sweeter taste.
Filipino Style Recipe: cookies and cream smoothie is another sweet, creamy and refreshing beverage. This is made up of crumbled chocolate cookies, vanilla ice cream, low-fat milk and chocolate syrup. Best to served during summer season.
Estimated time of preparation: 5-8 minutes
10 Oreo cookies or any chocolate cookies, crumbled
2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
1/4 cup low-fat milk
3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1. In a blender, combine milk, ice cream and chocolate syrup.
2. Add 1/2 of crumbled cookies then process until blended.
3. Pour into glasses then sprinkle with remaining cookies then serve immediately.