1 kilo chicken feet
8 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
3 cups water
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
salt to taste
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 star anise
oil for frying
parsley for garnishing
1. Cut off chicken feet claws then scrub well with salt.
2. Rinse chicken feet thoroughly and drain.
1. In a bowl, marinate chicken in soy sauce for 30 minutes. Drain and discard the marinade.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry chicken feet until golden brown. Drain.
1. In a pot, heat oil then saute ginger, onion, and garlic.
2. Add chicken feet then stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce, peppercorns, bay leaves, sugar and water.
4. Cover and simmer in a low heat for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Add water in necessary.
5. Add oyster sauce, Hoisin sauce, and chili flakes then simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add start anise, sesame oil then adjust seasoning according to taste.
7. Cook and simmer until the sauce is almost dry. Toss frequently.
8. Garnish with parsley.