Filipino Style Recipe: Buchi is another typical Filipino meryenda(mid-afternoon snack). It is usually made up of sticky rice balls filled with sweet red bean paste. Rolled in sesame seeds then deep fried until golden brown.
1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and water. Mix well until dough like.
1. Divide a dough into small pieces and make a ball shape.
2. Flatten the center of the dough using your thumb and scoop in at least 1 tablespoon of sweet red bean paste.
3. Fill in the center of dough, seal and roll it until the shape is round.
4. Roll the dough over sesame seeds.
1. In a pan, heat oil and deep fry the dough for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Drain on paper towel then serve.
1. Sweet red bean paste is available in grocery stores. But if you prefer to do it by yourself, here’s the recipe on how to make a sweet red bean paste.