Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken Wings Adobo with Sweet Potato is another variety of popular Filipino Adobo. This dish is similar to traditional chicken adobo with fried sweet potato.
350 grams chicken wings, cut into serving pieces
3-4 pieces sweet potato(kamote), cut into wedges
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
3 pieces green chili (siling haba)
2 tablespoons sugar
salt to taste
1/4 cup cooking oil
1-2 cups chicken broth
1. In a pot, combine chicken, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, soy sauce and vinegar.
2. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.
3. Drain garlic and chicken then reserve the sauce. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then fry sweet potato until light brown. Remove and set aside.
1. In a same pan, fry marinated chicken for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Reduce oil to 1 tablespoon. Add ginger and garlic then fry until light brown.
3. Pour marinade and water then simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Add more water if necessary.
4. Add fried sweet potato, sugar and green chili then adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice.