1/2 kilo fresh clams(halaan)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
2 thumb-sized ginger, finely sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 to 6 cups water, add more water if necessary
patis (fish sauce) to taste
ground black pepper to taste
chili leaves(dahon ng sili)
1. Wash the clams thoroughly and drain.
2. Place the clams in a bowl with water and salt.
3. Cover for several hours or overnight. This will allow the clams to expel sand.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute ginger, union and garlic.
2. Pour water then bring to boil. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
3. Add clams then simmer for another 3 minutes or until shells are opened. Discard shells that did not open.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Add chili leaves and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat then serve.