1/2 hog head(cheek, nose and ear), cut into 2-4 pieces
1/2 cup mayonnaise/hog brain
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1 tablespoon peppercorn
1 tablespoon rock salt
1 thumb-sized ginger, grated
4 medium-sized onions, chopped
4 pieces red chili(siling labuyo), chopped
a bunch of fresh onion chives, chopped thinly
1/4 cup calamansi juice/vinegar
salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a big cooking pot, place water and bring to a boil.
2. Add hog head then add peppercorn, bay leaves and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Place the hog brain into plastic bag then boil in the same cooking pot for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the meat and brain from the cooking pot, drain and let it cool for a few minutes.
1. Cut the hog head into grilling size and grill until color turns to brown and crispy.
2. Remove from heat then cut into small slices.
1. In a big bowl, put the sliced hog head with ginger, onions, red chili onion chives, ground pepper, calamansi juice, and brain. Mix well and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste.
2. Serve and enjoy!