5 cups sticky rice(malagkit)
1/2 kilo prawns
200 grams squid, sliced
1/2 kilo fish fillets(salmon, tuna, etc), cut into cubes
1/2 kilo mussels(tahong)
1 large chorizo, sliced diagonally(optional)
5 gloves garlic, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
2 pieces bell pepper(red, green), sliced
1 pack(270 grams) tomato sauce
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon saffron
1 cup green peas
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pot, place mussels then pour enough water. Bring to boil until the shells open. Drain. Set aside the broth.
2. In a pan, heat oil then fry prawns, squid and fish fillets for 2 minutes or until cooked. Drain and set aside.
3. In a same pan, fry chorizo until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a paella pan, heat olive oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add green peas, paprika, saffron, tomato sauce and rice then stir until colored distribute evenly.
4. Pour mussels broth then simmer until rice is almost tender and mushy. Add more water if needed.
5. Add parsley then season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Arrange bell peppers, seafood and other remaining ingredients on top.
7. Continue simmering until sauce is absorbed. Transfer to serving plate then serve.