1 kilo potatoes, washed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 cup water
vegetable oil for frying
1. Cut potatoes into thin slices, then place into ice cold water.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, basil flakes, salt and paprika then mix until well combined.
3. Sifted then add water and stir until well blended. Set aside.
1. In a deep pan, heat oil. Dip potato slices into flour mixture one at a time.
2. Fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
3. Repeat for the remaining slices. Place fries into serving bowl then garnish with parsley.
4. Serve with favorite dipping sauce.
1 kilo kamote (sweet potatoes), peeled and slice into strips(about 1/2 inch thick)
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups vegetable oil
1. In a pot, heat oil until boiling.
2. Add the sliced sweet potatoes and fry for 3 minutes.
3. Add brown sugar and stir cook until the sugar has caramelize.
4. Remove and drain excess oil. let it cool and serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: Cheesy paprika fries is a popular snacks made of potatoes cut into sticks then deep fried until crisp. Toss with cheese, paprika, garlic and salt powder.
4 large potatoes, washed and dried
2 cups peanut oil
1/2 cup cheese powder
1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick sticks.
2. In a small bowl, combine cheese powder, Spanish paprika, garlic powder and salt until blended. Set aside.
1. In deep pan, heat oil then fry potatoes for crisp. Drain.
2. Combine fries and powder mixture, toss to coat then serve with dressing.
Filipino Style Recipe: Fish n Chips is a popular finger food or snack that consists of fried fish fillets and chips/fries. The fish fillet coated with batter, deep fry until golden brown. This is commonly serve as finger food together with dipping sauce and beer.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
750 grams fish fillets(I used cream dory), cut into serving pieces
2 pieces potatoes, cleaned and sliced
1/2 cup flour
2 raw eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper then mix well. Set aside.
2. Prepare beaten eggs into a separate bowls.
3. Dredge fish fillet into flour mixture then shake off to remove excess flour.
4. Dip in beaten eggs and dredge again into flour mixture to coat all sides.
5. Repeat the steps for remaining fish fillets. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat enough oil then deep fry each fish fillets for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
2. In a same frying pan, deep fry potatoes for 3 minutes then drain on paper towel and set aside.
3. Transfer fish fillets and fries into serving plate then serve with garlic-mayo dip.