6 cups unripe jackfruit(langka), sliced
1 cup coconut cream(first extract)
2 cups coconut milk(second extract)
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thinly
3 pieces green chili(siling haba), chopped
5-7 chili hot peppers(siling labuyo), chopped
200 grams leftover pork liempo, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and saute onion, garlic and ginger.
2. Add langka, stir and saute for a few minutes.
3. Pour coconut milk(second extract), simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
4. When the sauce is almost absorb, pour coconut cream(first extract) and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook for another 10 minutes or until langka is tender. Stir occasionally to avoid curdling.
6. Add pork and green and red chili, simmer until sauce is thickens and oily.
7. Transfer to serving bowl then serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: ginataang bilo-bilo or sticky rice balls in sweet coconut milk is another variety of popular Filipino mid-afternoon snack (meryenda) that is usually served in any special occasion. It is consist of sticky rice balls cooked in sweetened coconut milk together with other ingredients.
Glutinous Rice Balls(bilo-bilo):
1 cup glutinous rice flour(malagkit)
1/2 cup water
3 cans(400 ml) coconut milk
1 can(400 ml) coconut cream
300 grams white sugar
200 grams tapioca pearls(sago)
200 grams sweet potato(camote), peeled and cut into cubed
200 grams taro(gabi), peeled and cut into cubed
6 pieces ripe plantain bananas(saging na saba), peeled and sliced
250 grams ripe jack fruit(langka)
1. In a bowl, mix rice flour and water to make a dough-like consistency.
2. Get a small piece and form into small ball about 1/2 inch in diameter.
3. Repeat this step until all the dough are consumed. Set aside
1. In a big pot, pour coconut milk and bring to boil.
2. Add tapioca pearls, sweet potatoes and taro. Simmer uncovered until the pearls are cooked.
3. Add banana, jack fruit and rice balls. Simmer until all the rice balls has floated in the surface.
4. Pour coconut milk and sugar to taste.
5. Transfer to serving bowl then serve.