Filipino Style Recipe: Halabos na Hipon (Buttered Garlic Shrimp) is a quick and simple shrimp dish cooked in butter, soda and garlic until cooked. This can be served together with steamed rice or pulutan(appetizer).
Estimated time of preparation: 3 minutes
estimated time of cooking: 3-5 minutes
500 grams shrimp, cleaned and trimmed out the antenna and sharp pointed.
2 cups soda (sprite or 7-up)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon butter
salt and pepper to taste
chopped spring onion for garnishing
1. In a large bowl, marinate shrimp in soda for 20 minutes.
1. In a pan, melt butter then saute garlic until light brown.
2. Add shrimp then saute until color turns to orange.
3. Season with salt and pepper then simmer for a minute. (If the sauce is too much, remove the shrimp then simmer until the sauce evaporates).
4. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with spring onion. Serve immediately.