Filipino Style Recipe: Basil Chicken is another simple yet delicious chicken dish inspired by Thai cuisine. The chicken sauteed and cooked in spicy thick sauce and spices together with basil leaves.
500 grams chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
12-15 basil leaves
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 bird’s eye chili (labuyo), chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
fish sauce and ground pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar and ground pepper. Mix and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then sauce garlic and onion.
2. Add chicken then continue sauteing until almost cooked.
3. Add bell pepper and stir cook until chicken is tender.
4. Pour then sauce then toss until well distributed.
5. Add chili then adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Add basil then cook for half a minute.
7. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Savory meatballs is a simple and easy to prepare dish. This is mainly made up of meatballs that consists of ground pork or beef, bread crumbs, egg, herbs, and seasonings. The mixture formed into ball shaped then deep fried until golden brown. Serve with Asian sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-25 minutes
500 grams ground pork or ground beef
1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 raw egg
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon soy sauce(optional)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce(optional)
1 small carrot, finely chopped(optional)
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped(optional)
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 glove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Part 1(Skip this procedure if you are using premade meatballs from the market)
1. In a bowl, combine meatballs ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Scoop and form the mixture into 1 tablespoons ball shaped.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil and deep fry until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients then mix until well blended.
1. In a serving plate, arrange meatballs then pour the sauce on top. Serve and enjoy.
Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken with Hoisin Sauce Recipe is one of the easiest and most delicious stir fry dishes. Normally the chicken and vegetables comes stir fried and then mixed with hoisin sauce.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 4-6 servings
500 grams boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/2 cup spicy peanuts, grind
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 red or green bell pepper, cut into cubes
1 cup mushrooms, sliced(optional)
toasted sesame seeds and spring onions for garnishing(optional)
1. In a bowl, mix the cornstarch, sugar ,soy sauce and chicken.
2. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
1. In a frying pan, heat olive oil and stir fry chicken until chicken is done. Drain and set aside.
2. In a same pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir fry the mushrooms and bell pepper until slightly cooked.
3. Add chicken, spicy peanuts and hoisin sauce. Stir until heated through.
4. Adjust seasoning then transfer the chicken to serving plate with sauce on top.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions if using. Enjoy!