1 kilo medium-sized fresh squid, cleaned
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, chopped
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
100 grams tomato sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce
2-3 pieces red chili(labuyo), chopped
3 pieces green chili(siling haba), sliced diagonally
1 large bell pepper, sliced
salt and ground pepper to taste
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1. Score the squid with diagonal criss-cross scoring then cut into squares.(This will make the squid more tender and less chewy).
1. In a pan, heat sesame oil then saute garlic, onion and red chili.
2. Add squid, oyster sauce, tomato sauce, and hot sauce. Stir to combine.
3. Add green chili and bell pepper then stir cook for 1 minute. (Don’t overcooked, squid will become tough)
4. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
5. Transfer to hot sizzling plate then serve immediately with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Hot and Spicy Chicken Wings is another easy and mouth-watering chicken dish. This is usually made of chicken wings marinated then fry until golden brown. The fried chicken wings coated in a blend of spicy sauce and seasonings then usually served as appetizer or pulutan.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons
500 grams chicken wings, tips removed
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup red hot chili sauce
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 cup brown sugar
cooking oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, combine chicken wings, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil then dredge the chicken wings in flour then deep fry until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In a pan, melt butter then add ketchup, hot sauce, chili flakes and brown sugar. Stir well.
4. Add chicken wings then toss until well coated. Transfer to a platter then serve.