Filipino Style Recipe: Beef kebabs(kebobs) is a popular middle eastern dish that is made up of meat and/or vegetables grilled on a skewers or spit. The traditional meat for kebab is made of lamb meat, but some used beef, goat, chicken, pork and fish. This dish was adopted in Central and South-east Asian regions specially in the Philippines.
Estimated time of preparation: 30 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 10-12 sticks
1/2 kilo beef sirloin, cut into cubes
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 white onion, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
100 grams pineapple chunks(optional)
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon cooking oil
10-12 pieces metal or bamboo skewers
1/2 cup soy sauce
2/3 cup pineapple juice
1/8 cup calamansi or lime juice
1/2 teaspoon grind black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. In a bowl, combine beef and marinade then cover and marinate for overnight inside the fridge.
2. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes. Set aside.
1. Drain beef from marinade. Combine ketchup and oil in marinade then mix well for basting.
2. Arrange beef and vegetables as desired on skewers then brush with marinade mixture.
3. Repeat the steps from remaining pieces.
1. Grill kebabs over hot charcoal for 10-15 minutes or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
2. Transfer serving plate and serve.