Filipino Style Recipe: Lemon and Mint Water is a refreshing and healthy drinks made of fresh mint, lemon and water. This drinks is an antioxidant and a great source of vitamin C ideal for those on diet. It helps the body to cleanse any toxins in the system and aids in weight loss.
2 lemons, thinly sliced
fresh mint leaves
1 2/3 liters water
juice of one lemon
honey to taste (optional)
1. In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients then allow flavors to infuse inside the fridge for a few hours.
2. Serve chilled.
Filipino Style Recipe: Seafood salad with lime dressing is another type of salad consists of seafood, celery, tomatoes, onion and parsley then tossed in lime dressing. Seafood salad is a simple and easy to prepare dish. This is commonly served as appetizer and ideal for those on diet and health-conscious.
Estimated time of cooking: 8-10 minutes
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes
Good for 3-4 servings
300 grams shrimps, peeled and deveined
300 grams squid bodies, cut into rings
350 grams fresh tuna fillet, cut into cubed
3 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
3 stalks celery, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 white onions, chopped
1/2 tablespoons paprika(optional)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup lime juice
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a shallow bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
2. Season tuna with a dash of salt and pepper. Set aside.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then cook tuna for 3 minutes or until done. Drain and set aside.
2. In a pot, bring water to boil. Add a dash of salt then boil shrimps for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a same boiling water, boil squids for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
1. In a large bowl, combine seafood and the rest of ingredients.
2. Pour lime dressing over the salad then toss and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: Mojito is a popular cocktail drink from Cuba. This beverage is also known as Cuban highball and become a popular summer drink. Mojito is a combination of sweetness, refreshing citrus and mint flavors made of mashed mint leaves, lime juice, white rum, simple syrup and club soda.
Estimated time of preparation: 5 minutes
Good for 1 serving
6 pieces mint leaves
1 1/2 tablespoons simple syrup(1 tablespoon sugar dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water)
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons white rum
3 tablespoons club soda or sparkling water
2 lime slices
1. In a container with lid, lightly mashed mint leaves with lime juice.
2. Add white rum, simple syrup and ice cubes. Cover and shake well for 15 seconds.
3. In a serving glass, add ice then pour mixture then club soda. Garnish with lime slices and mint sprig then serve cold with straw.
Filipino Style Recipe: spicy lime and garlic chicken is another healthy low carbohydrate dish. Normally the chicken sauteed and stir fried in a blend of garlic, lime juice and chopped chili.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 4-5 persons
5 chicken fillets, cut into serving pieces
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup butter
1/2 cup lime juice
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 pieces green and red chili, chopped
1. In bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, pepper and chicken. Stir to coat evenly. Set aside.
1. In a non-stick pan, melt butter and saute garlic until golden brown.
2. Add chicken and stir fry until tender then pour lime juice.
3. Add chili and adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Transfer to serving plate then serve.