2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 pieces egg
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoon buttermilk dissolved in 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 tablespoon banana flavoring or vanilla extract
1/4 cup cashew nuts, chopped
1. In a bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and flavoring. Mix together until well combined. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined. Fold in the mashed banana.
2. Fill each nonstick muffin cup with batter until 3/4 full. Top with chopped nuts.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted at the middle comes out with few crumbs (not wet batter). Remove from oven and let cool.
Banana split is an ice cream-based dessert that served in a long dish called boat. This is one of the best dessert and popular around the world.
Estimated Time of Preparation: 10 minutes. Good for 1-2 person
1 banana, sliced lengthwise
1 scoop each vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream
chocolate syrup or hot fudge
1. Place banana slices in a long skinny ice cream bowl.
2. Top with scoops of ice cream(vanilla, chocolate and strawberry).
3. Pour chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream.
4. Pour strawberry syrup on strawberry ice cream.
5. Pour marshmallow creme on chocolate ice cream.
6. Top each with whipped cream.
7. Sprinkle with nuts
8. Top each with a cherry.
1. Low-Fat Frozen Yogurt may use instead of whipped cream.
2. You may also use strawberry instead of cherry.
3. Caramel syrup is a good alternative for marshmallow creme.
4. Adding waffle stick like stick-O or sliced peaches makes your dessert much special.
3. Some added marshmallow, pineapple tidbits, pecans, choc bits and mini M&Ms bits as toppings.