Filipino Style Recipe: Lemon and Herb Fish Fillets is a simple yet delicious dish made of fish fillets cooked in broth, lemon and herb.
500 grams fish fillets, I used cream dory
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon shredded ginger
salt and pepper to taste
10 pieces green beans, trimmed and cut into 3 inches
1 small carrot, peeled and cut into 3 inches
3 teaspoons flour
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon grind pepper
1. In a bowl, combine flour, basil, oregano and grind pepper until well blended.
2. Coat the fish evenly with flour mixture. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine broth, lemon juice and remaining flour mixture. Mix until blended.
1. In a pan, melt butter then add vegetables, a dash of dried basil and salt. Stir fry until crisp and tender. Set aside.
1. In a same pan, add olive oil then cook fish for 2 minutes each side or until light brown.
2. Pour chicken broth mixture, ginger and cilantro, bring to boil then adjust seasoning according to taste.
3. Simmer until the sauce reduced and the fish is tender.
4. Transfer to serving plate then serve with stir fried vegetables.