2 pieces pork steak (10 ounces each)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
salt and grind pepper to taste
3 cups water
1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Prick pork both sides with a fork then marinate in brine for 30 minutes or overnight.
1. Remove pork from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Set aside.
1. In a cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add pork and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with melted butter.
3. Transfer to serving plate then serve with gravy. Serve hot immediately.