6 slices pork belly
1 cup barbecue sauce
2 pieces bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pot, place pork then pour enough water to cover the meat.
2. Add bay leaf, salt and peppercorn then bring to boil for 15 minutes. Remove and reserve the broth.
3. Add barbecue sauce then stir cook pork for another 15 minutes. Add a bit of broth if needed.
4. Add beans then cook for a few minutes.
5. Transfer into serving plate then serve immediately with steamed rice.
1 kilo pork meat with fat, sliced into thin pieces
bamboo skewers (soak in water for 15 minutes)
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup calamansi or lime juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 cup banana ketchup (optional)
1. In a large container, combine marinade ingredients and pork. Marinate inside the fridge overnight.
2. Remove pork from marinade.
1. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup marinade then mix with 1 tablespoon oil and ketchup for basting.
1. Arrange marinated pork as desired on bamboo skewers then brush with marinade mixture.
2. Repeat the steps for the remaining pieces.
1. Grill pork over hot charcoal for 5 minutes on each side or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
2. Transfer serving plate and serve with spicy vinegar. Enjoy!