500 grams pork liempo (pork belly), cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
2 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
salt to taste
1. In a pot, combine pork, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and soy sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.
1. Simmer in a low heat for 40 minutes or until pork is tender. Add water if necessary.
2. Pour vinegar and simmer for another 10 minutes then season with salt and sugar according to taste.
3. Drain pork and reserve the sauce. Set aside.
1. In a heated pan, fry pork until brown (add cooking oil if needed). Drain and return the meat to reserved sauce.
2. Simmer and toss for a minute or until the sauce is almost absorb. Transfer to serving bowl then serve.