1 whole chicken, cleaned
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons rock salt
2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
5 stalks lemongrass(tanglad), crushed
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine rosemary, rock salt and black pepper then mix well.
2. Using marinade injection, inject the milk to reach deep into the chicken meat.
3. Rub chicken with rosemary mixture including the cavity, between skin and meat.
4. Set aside for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
1. Once ready, stuff chicken with lemongrass.
2. Baste the skin with milk/oil mixture.
3. Place in a preheated turbo broiler over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until golden brown.
4. Serve with lechon sauce.
Filipino Style Recipe: pan fried rosemary chicken with potato wedges is another easy and simple chicken dish. First, the potato wedges fry into butter until golden brown. Then pan fried chicken seasoned with rosemary, salt and pepper until golden brown. I recommend this dish for those on diet and health conscious.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-25 minutes
500 grams chicken, cut into serving pieces
4 pieces potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
1/2 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, place chicken then season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
1. In a pan, melt butter then fry potato wedges until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
2. In a same pan, Add butter then fry chicken until golden brown and tender. Drain.
3. Arrange fried rosemary chicken and potato wedges in a plate then serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: baked rosemary garlic chicken is another easy and simple chicken dish. Normally the chicken baked with rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper together with potatoes.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 50-70 minutes
Good for 5-6 persons
6 pieces chicken legs and thighs
1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary leaves, finely crushed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika(optional)
500 grams small potatoes, halved(optional)
1. In a baking pan, mix olive oil, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. Add chicken and potatoes, toss to coat well.
3. Bake over 375 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 35 minutes or until tender.
4. Turning the chicken and potatoes occasionally. Serve