Filipino Style Recipe: salmon macaroni salad recipe is usually made with shredded salmon, macaroni noodles, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. This is usually served as appetizer.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-45 minutes
Good for 4 servings
250 grams macaroni noodles
2 cups salmon, canned or cooked
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced(optional)
1 small broccoli, steamed and chopped(optional)
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped(optional)
1. Cook macaroni noodles according to package cooking instructions.
1.In a large bowl, add salmon and the rest of the ingredients.
2. Add macaroni and ground pepper. Mix well.
3. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Garnish with parsley.
4. Refrigerate then serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: salmon with tomatoes recipe is another low-carbohydrate dish. It is usually consists of salmon fillets cooked with diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers and lemon juice.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4 servings
1/2 kilo salmon fillets, cut into serving pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon pickled jalapeño peppers, chopped
1/3 cup white wine(I prefer chardonnay)
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped(optional)
2 tablespoons capers, drained(optional)
1. In a bowl, marinate salmon fillets with lemon juice for 10-15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
1. In a saucepan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Saute onion and garlic.
2. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, thyme, capers and jalapeño peppers.
3. Simmer on high heat for 5 minutes, add a little water if necessary.
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
1. Add white wine and water. Bring to boil.
2. Place the salmon fillets, cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until done on low heat.
3. Transfer salmon fillets to serving plate with the sauce.
4. Serve hot.