Filipino Style Recipe: Stir-fried Chinese long beans is another simple and quick recipe. It is consist of Chinese beans and ground meat cooked together in soy sauce, Sichuan peppercorns, and spices.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-25 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
300 grams Chinese beans, trimmed and cut into serving pieces
200 grams ground pork
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, chopped
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
4 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns, crushed
fish sauce or salt to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add ground pork, fish sauce then stir cook until light brown. Remove and set aside.
1. In a same pan, add beans then stir-fry for 5 minutes or until outsides begins to blister and wilted. Add oil if needed.
2. Return the ground meat then add soy sauce, chili flakes and Sichuan peppers.
3. Adjust seasoning with fish sauce then simmer for another minute.
4. Transfer to serving plate then serve immediately.
Filipino Style Recipe: Szechuan Chicken is a popular chicken dish originate from China that has become popular in Filipino cuisine. The chicken coated in cornstarch and egg then fried until light brown. Cook in a spicy and pungency sauce together with vegetables and delicious spices.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15 minutes
500 grams Chicken fillets, cut into serving pieces
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 egg whites
2 cups broccoli, cut into pieces
1 green bell pepper, cut into cubed
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
chopped spring onion and parsley for garnishing
vegetable oil for frying
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch and egg white then whisk well.
2. Coat chicken into cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil then fry coated chicken until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. Clean out the pan, heat 1 tablespoons vegetable oil then saute ginger, garlic, onion and sesame seeds.
2. Add broccoli and bell peppers then stir fry for a minute.
3. Add sauce mixture then simmer until vegetables are slightly cook.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste then return the chicken.
5. Stir cook for another minute then turn off the heat.
6. Transfer to serving plate then garnish with parsley.