Filipino Style Recipe: Sinigang sa miso (Tilapia) or tilapia in miso-tamarind soup is another Filipino soup dish. This is similar to other sinigang that has a sour broth. The fish cooked in a combination in rice washing, tomatoes, vegetables, miso paste and tamarind which gives a sour taste.
1 kilo tilapia, cut into 2-3 pieces
3 tablespoons miso paste
1 pack of tamarind powder or tamarind(sampalok)
3 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
a bunch of mustard greens(mustasa)
3 green pepper(siling haba)
1 liter water or rice washing
fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry tilapia until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a casserole, heat oil and saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
2. Add miso paste and fish sauce then stir cook for a minute.
3. Pour water then bring to boil. Add sinigang mix then bring to boil.
4. Add fried tilapia and green pepper then cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt and ground pepper according to taste.
6. Add mustard greens then simmer for a minute. Serve hot!
1. To extract tamarind juice instead of sinigang mix, boil unripe tamarind until soften then pound and extract the juice.