Filipino Style Recipe: Skinless Longanisa is a Filipino sausage traditionally made of ground pork then seasoned with herbs and spices. There are several varieties of Filipino sausages and the most popular are sweet hamonado and garlicky flavor with different shapes and sizes.
Estimated time of preparation: 30-40 minutes(plus chilling time)
Estimated time of cooking: 10 minutes
Good for 24 pieces
1 kilo ground pork(20% fat)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 head garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
cooking oil for frying
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients then add ground pork and fat. Mix well then refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. In a 5 x 5 inches wax paper, scoop about 2 tablespoons of mixture then mold into sausage shape.
3. Repeat the procedure to the remaining pieces then arrange in a container and refrigerate before cooking.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry longganisa until fully cooked. Drain.
2. Transfer to serving plate then serve with garlic rice and sunny side-up egg.