Filipino Style Recipe: A quick spaghetti carbonara is an easy and quick pasta dish that only takes 20 minutes or less. It is usually consist of pasta and a creamy white sauce topped with ham, mushrooms, olives, bell pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes.
Good for 3-4 persons
200 grams spaghetti pasta
3/4 cup full cream milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 gloves garlic, minced
1 small-sized onion, minced
100 grams sweet ham, diced
1/2 cup olives, sliced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion then add ham and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms, olives and bell pepper then stir cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add pasta, milk and Parmesan cheese then simmer 3 minutes or until beginning to thicken.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Transfer to serving plate then top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Filipino Style Recipe: Spaghetti is originally from Italian cuisine that has become very popular in the Philippines. The Filipino style spaghetti sauce is usually sweet and creamy, the ground meat sauteed and cooked in a blend of tomato sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, hot dogs, cheese and sugar. This is commonly prepared over pasta with grated cheese and usually served in any occasion specially during holidays and birthdays. Definitely the kids love this!
1 pack(500 grams) spaghetti noodles
1/2 kilo ground meat (beef/pork/combined)
10 regular hot dogs, sliced diagonally
5 cloves garlic, minced
4 medium-sized onions, minced
2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 1/2 cups banana ketchup
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
cheddar cheese, grated
1 small can evaporated milk(optional)
1 pork cube(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add ground meat and cook until brown.
3. Add hot dogs, tomato sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, pork cubes and water.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Add evaporated milk, sugar salt and pepper. Simmer a few more minutes. Stir occasionally.
7. Arrange pasta into serving plate, top with spaghetti sauce and grated cheese. Enjoy!