Filipino Style Recipe: Spiral aglio olio or fusilli pasta in garlic and oil is a traditional Italian dish and become popular to Filipino cuisine. This dish is consists of garlic sauteed in olive oil then toss in fusilli pasta. We add chili flakes, clams and basil to add more flavor to our dish. Aglio olio is usually serve as meryenda(mid-afternoon snack) or in any special occasion.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10-12 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
400 grams fusilli or spiral pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
750 grams clams or shrimps(peeled and deveined)
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1/4 cup white wine
10 leaves basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil then saute garlic, chili flakes until light brown.
2. Add clams and cover and cook until shells open then season with salt and pepper. Add water if necessary.
3. Add white wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce reduce in half.
4. Add remaining olive oil, pasta and basil then toss until coat evenly.
5. Transfer to serving plate, top with grated cheese and garnish with basil leaves. Serve.