Filipino style recipe: beef stew is a tomato-based recipe and commonly served as main dish. Normally the beef simmered until tender, then cooked in tomato sauce, bell pepper, carrots and potatoes. Some may add liver spread and cheese to make the sauce creamy.
300 grams beef sirloin, cut into thin slices
1/2 small can liver spread
1 white onions, cut into rings
3 cloves garlic, minced
250 grams tomato sauce
2 large potatoes, cubed
1 large carrots, cubed
2 red and green bell peppers, diced
5 cups water or beef stock
1/8 cup vegetable oil
2 hot chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
1/4 cup cheese, grated or cubed(optional)
1. In a pan heat oil and fry potatoes and carrots until golden brown.
2. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add beef, continue sauteing for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce and water and simmer for 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Add water if necessary.
4. Add liver spread then simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Add carrots, potatoes, bell pepper and chili. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
6. Adjust seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Add cheese and simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
8. Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Chocolate French Rolls is a simple yet special bread dish that can be served together with hot coffee. The bread flatten then fill with chocolate spread. Roll then dip in egg and milk mixture. Coated with sugar and cinnamon powder then fry until golden brown.
10 slices white bread
1 cup chocolate spread
1 cup corned beef
1 raw egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 cup butter
1. In a bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon powder then mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk then whisk until combined.
1. Remove the crusts from each slice of bread then flatten with a rolling pin.
2. Fill each slice with chocolate spread.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon corned beef then roll the bread tightly.
1. In a pan, melt butter. Dip each roll in egg-milk mixture then roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
2. Lightly fry each roll until golden brown.
3. Roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture. serve immediately with hot coffee.
Filipino Style Recipe: Egg sandwich spread is a very simple and easy to prepare spread that consists of chopped hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, onion, salt and pepper then mix until well blended. This is commonly spread into bread together with tomatoes and lettuce.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 5-6 servings
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 small onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pot, put eggs then pour enough water then bring to boil for 2 minutes.
2. Turn off the heat then cover with lid for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the eggs then rinse with water until cooled. Remove shell.
1. In a bowl, chop or grate the hard-boiled eggs.
2. Add onions, mayonnaise, salt and pepper then mix until well blended.
3. Spread egg mixture into loaf bread and serve. You can also add tomatoes and lettuce into the sandwich.
Filipino Style Recipe: Pork giniling with liver spread or ground pork with liver spread is another easy and simple Pork dish. This dish is similar to adobong pork giniling but we will use liver spread for more flavorful taste. The procedure is simple and easy to follow, we will saute the giniling then cook in together with liver spread, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. We also include fried potatoes and bell pepper as our extenders.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 50 minutes. Good for 2-4 persons.
500 grams ground pork(giniling)
1 small can liver spread
2 pieces medium-sized potatoes, peeled and finely diced
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 pieces medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon grind pepper
salt and sugar to taste
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1 medium-sized red bell pepper, diced(optional)
3 pieces bay leaves(optional)
1. In a pan, heat oil and fry the potatoes until slightly brown. Set aside.
1. In a same pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes then add ground pork and cook until light brown.
2. Add liver spread, soy sauce, bay leaf, chili flakes and pepper then cook for 3 minutes.
3. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Stir occasionally.
4. Add fried potatoes then cook until almost dry and start to render oil.
4. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.