Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong talaba or oysters adobo is another variety of Filipino adobo consists of oysters cooked in adobo sauce made of soy sauce and vinegar. Oysters is an aphrodisiac food and a good source of energy for lactating mothers. This kind of dish is so simple yet delicious and commonly served as appetizer or pulutan.
Estimated time of preparation: 8 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams fresh oysters(talaba), cleaned and drained
3 tablespoons canola oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
12 pieces peppercorns
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 green chili(siling haba), sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and peppercorns.
2. Add oysters and vinegar then cook until almost dry and brownish.
3. Remove from the pan and set aside.
1. In a same pan, add soy sauce and water then bring to boil.
2. Add green chili and simmer until liquid is reduced.
3. Put back the oysters then adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Simmer for a minute then turn off the heat. Serve with steamed rice.