500 grams beef brisket, cut into serving pieces
500 grams beef tendons, cut into serving pieces
1 thumb-sized ginger, grated
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 small onions, chopped
7 cups beef stock
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 pieces star anise
a bunch of bok choy, trimmed
3 stalks spring onions, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
fish sauce and pepper to taste
1/4 cup cooking wine(optional)
1. In a large wok, heat oil then stir fry beef and tendon until brown.
2. Pour cooking wine then toss and let it evaporate.
3. Remove everything from the wok and set aside.
1. In a same wok, heat oil then saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Pour beef stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, star anise and sugar then stir and bring to boil.
3. Add tendon then cover and simmer in a low heat for an hour.
4. Add beef then simmer for another hour or until tendon and beef are tender. Add more water if necessary.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then add bok choy, spring onions then simmer for a minute.
6. Turn off the heat then transfer to serving bowl. Enjoy!
1. You may add 3 teaspoons of cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water to thicken the sauce.