Filipino Style Recipe: Meatballs Spaghetti is another variety of spaghetti dish. Meatball is a combination of beef, breadcrumbs, eggs and other herbs then mold together into a balls. The sauce is a made of diced or crushed tomatoes simmered together with tomato sauce, cheese and other ingredients.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 6 servings
500 grams spaghetti(any prefer pasta)
24 pieces premade meatballs
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 can(28 oz) crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup carrots, finely chopped(optional)
1 cup brown button mushrooms, chopped(optional)
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped(optional)
1/4 cup basil, finely chopped(optional)
1/4 cup red wine(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside
1. In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and fry meatballs for about 5-10 minutes depending on the size or until color turns to golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Saute onions and garlic.
2. Add carrots and mushrooms and continue sauteing for 2 minutes.
3. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and parsley then stir to blend.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
5. Add red wine, Parmesan cheese, adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and sugar according to taste.
6. Add meatballs and gently stir then simmer for another 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
1. Prepare pasta on pasta tray, add sauce and meatballs, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, garnish with remaining parsley. Serve with garlic bread.
For homemade meatballs, follow the instructions below:
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, eggs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, basil and parsley. Mixed well.
2. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll and compress to form 1-inch round meat balls. Continue this step until the mixture is consumed.