Filipino Style Recipe: Ground pork and snow peas in tomato sauce is an easy, simple and affordable dish. Sauteed ground pork then cooked in tomato sauce together with snow peas and hotdogs.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
200 grams ground pork
4 pieces hotdogs, slice diagonally
80 grams snow peas
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 pork bouillon
2 tablespoons sugar
fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic and onion
2. Add hotdogs then stir cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add ground pork, fish sauce and ground pepper then continue cooking until light brown.
4. Pour tomato sauce, water then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add pork bouillon and sugar then adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Add snow peas then simmer for another 3 minutes.
7. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: chicken afritada recipe is basic Filipino tomato-based stew consisting of chicken in tomato sauce with potato, carrots and bell pepper.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
3/4 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
250 grams tomato sauce
1 large potato, quartered
1 large carrot, sliced
1 large bell pepper, sliced
1 cup green peas
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
4 pieces hotdogs, sliced
1-1/4 cups chicken stock
2 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
4 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 lemon or calamansi juice
1. In a bowl, marinate the chicken in soy sauce and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
1. In a saucepan, heat cooking oil and pan-fry the chicken until the color turns light brown. Set aside
2. Saute garlic and onions. Add the sliced hotdogs and chicken then cook for a minute.
3. Pour-in tomato sauce and chicken stock then add bay leaves. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the potato and carrots then simmer for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add bell pepper and green peas. Adjust seasoning with salt, sugar and ground black pepper.
6. Simmer for another 3 minutes then remove from heat.
7. Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Filipino Style Recipe: beef mechado is another tomato based dish consists of a beef, potatoes, and tomato sauce. This dish is usually seasoned with onion, soy sauce, bay leaves and vinegar. Beef mechado is almost similar to several other beef dishes such as kalderata, adobo and kare-kare.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 70-80 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1 kilo beef with fat, cut into cubes
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
2 onions, quartered
3 bay leaves(laurel)
3 medium potatoes, quartered
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup soy sauce
3 cups beef stock or beef cubes dissolved in water
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
2 carrots, cut into cubes(optional)
1/4 cup vinegar(optional)
1. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry potatoes and carrots until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a casserole, combine the beef, onions, tomato sauce, soy sauce, bay leaves and beef stock.
2. Boil for at least 1 hour or until beef is tender, Add water as needed.
3. Add vinegar and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Do not stir.
4. Add bell pepper, potatoes and carrots then cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
5. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste. Add sugar if you prefer.
6. Remove from heat and transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed rice.