Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong puti or white adobo is another variety of Filipino adobo. The traditional adobo is made of pork or chicken meat cooked in a blend of soy sauce and vinegar together with spices. This version of adobo does not contain soy sauce instead we used salt or other seasoning to adjust the taste. Fry the meat until light brown then cook together with the sauce until tender.
Estimated time of preparation: 8-10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams pork belly or liempo, cut into serving pieces
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
10 cloves garlic, pounded
12 pieces peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves
salt to taste
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. In a pot, arrange pork then add garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt, vinegar and water.
2. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes or until pork is tender. Add more water if necessary.
3. Remove the pork from the sauce and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then fry pork until light brown.
2. Put back the meat to the sauce then simmer until reduced in half.
3. Adjust seasoning according to taste then simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: dory in creamy white sauce is a simple yet flavorful dish. This dish is consists of dory fillets comes fried and then cooked together with mushrooms in creamy white sauce made of butter, milk and cornstarch. This is a healthy main dish that is usually serve together with steamed veggies.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 30-35 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
1/2 kilo dory fillets, cut into 4 inches
1/4 cup lemon or calamansi juice
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary(optional)
200 grams sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups non-fat milk
1/4 cup cornstarch(dissolved in 1 cup water)
100 grams butter
salt and pepper to taste
100 grams green beans, steamed(optional)
1. Season dory fillets with rosemary, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside for 15 minutes.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry fish until golden brown.
3. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
1. In a bowl, pour milk and cornstarch then stir until dissolved. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and melt butter then saute onion until soft.
2. Add mushrooms then stir fry until light brown.
3. Pour milk mixture and bring to boil then season according to taste.
4. Simmer until begin to thickens. Keep stirring.
5. Add fried fish then simmer for another minute.
6. Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed beans.
Filipino Style Recipe: how to make egg white leche flan dessert? Egg white leche flan is similar to usual leche flan but instead of egg yolk we will use egg white. First we have to dissolve and caramelize the brown sugar in a molds then pour the white egg mixture then cook in a steamer until firm.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 60 minutes. Good for 4- 5 llanera aluminum molds.
10 egg whites(puti ng itlog)
1 can(390 grams) evaporated milk
1 can(390 grams) fat free condensed milk
2 teaspoons calamansi juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract(optional)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
4-5 Llanera aluminum molds
1. In a sauce pan, dissolve brown sugar with water over low heat until golden brown. Swirl gently.
2. Pour the syrup in the aluminum molds then spread evenly.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the other ingredients then whisk well.
2. Strain and pour the mixture on top of the syrup for about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick.
3. Cover with aluminum foil then steam in medium heat for about 40-45 minutes.
4. Remove the molds and let it cool at room temperature then refrigerate for several hours before serving.
1. To remove the leche flan from mold, run a thin knife around the edges of the mold to loosen the leche flan. Place a platter on top of the mold and quickly turn upside down to position the golden brown caramel on top.
2. Leche flan is cooked by inserting a knife in the center comes out clean.