Filipino Style Recipe: Crabs in coconut milk or ginataang alimango or alimasag is another simple yet tasty and nutritious seafood dish, basically crabs simmered in coconut milk then season with salt and pepper.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
5-6 pieces crabs, halves
2 cans(400 ml) coconut milk
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 thumb-sized ginger,pounded
1 onion, chopped
2-3 pieces green chili(siling haba)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 squash(kalabasa), peeled and cut into cubes(optional)
1 bundle string beans(sitaw), cut in 3 inches long(optional)
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and saute ginger, garlic and onion.
2. Add crabs, water, salt and pepper. Bring to boil for 5 minutes or until water is almost absorb.
3. Pour coconut milk, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Add the green chili, squash and string beans. Simmer over low heat until vegetables are tender but not overcooked.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Simmer until sauce is thicken. Serve hot.
Powered by Facebook Comments