1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
4 tablespoon red food color
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
red velvet crumb
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
200 grams cream cheese, softened
60 grams butter, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
A dash of salt
1. In a bowl, combine flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and salt then mix well. Set aside.
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (around 5 minutes).
2. Beat in eggs one at a time then mix in the sour cream, food color, and vanilla.
3. Add flour mixture gradually until just blended. (Do not overbeat as this will make the cupcake dry and hard.)
1. In a muffin pan, line muffin cups then fill-in batter up to 2/3 of the muffin cup.
2. Bake in preheated oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until done. (Cupcakes is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.). Let it cool.
1. In a electric mixer, whip butter on medium speed for 5 minutes or until becomes creamy.
2. Add cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and salt then keep mixing for another 5 minutes or until becomes light and fluffy.
3. Add sugar then beat until smooth.
4. Scoop and spread the frosting on top of cupcakes. Sprinkle with red velvet crumb.
Refrigerate before serving.
4 slices loaf bread
1 green/red bell pepper, diced
2 slices ham, diced
2 raw eggs, beaten
1. Slice each bread to make a hole, leaving the outer layer intact. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then fry ham and bell peppers. Remove and set aside.
1. In a same pan, Add oil then place outer layer bread.
2. Add 1 tablespoon sauteed ham and bell peppers inside the bread.
3. Pour 2 tablespoons beaten eggs then sprinkle with grated cheese.
4. Top the inner layer bread, wait for a minute until set.
5. Flip and fry the other side until toast.
6. Repeat the procedures for the remaining pieces.
4 eggs, beaten
1 whole fried or leftover bangus(milkfish), deboned and shredded into flakes
1 onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid seasoning
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 pieces red chili(labuyo), chopped
1 tablespoon chopped spring onions(optional)
1. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and spring onions together until frothy. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute ginger and onions until soft.
2. Add bangus flakes and red chili then stir cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and ground pepper then continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
4. Remove from the pan and set aside.
1. In a same pan, melt butter in a low heat then pour egg mixture.
2. Cook until slightly set then top bangus flakes.
3. Continue cooking until bottom is fully set then gently fold omelet over.
4. Drain on paper towel then transfer into serving plate then sprinkle with remaining spring onions. Serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: Puto Ube is another variety of popular Filipino steamed mini rice cake. It is often eaten for breakfast served with hot coffee or sometimes during meryenda (mid-afternoon snack). Some like to eat it with dinuguan “a pork blood stew”.
340g plain flour
250g white sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
125ml evaporated milk
2 raw eggs
250g butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon ube flavour
1/8 teaspoon violet food powder(optional)
cheddar cheese for toppings, cut into thin slices
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients then sift.
3. Pour in the water and evaporated milk and stir well. Mix in the eggs, ube flavour, violet food powder and butter. Do not over mix.
1. In a steamer, boil water then wrap the over with a towel.
2. Grease mini muffin pans then pour the mixture into molds 3/4 full. Top with cheese.
3. Steam over medium heat for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
4. Let it cool slightly before removing from the muffin pans.
Filipino Style Recipe: This zucchini bread recipe is very moist and flavorful. Guess my favorite part? The slightly burnt edges! So dont worry about burning it a bit on the outside, it still comes out moist on the inside.
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 pieces medium zucchini, shredded
1. In a mixing bowl, sift together the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine the oil and sugar and mix until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just combined. Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
3. Blend the wet mixture into the dry mixture alternately with the sour cream until just combined.
4. Stir in zucchini until well combined.
5. Pour batter into lightly greased 9×5 inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes or a toothpick inserted into the center comes our clean.
1 tablespoon buttermilk powder dissolved in 1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 cup warm water
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (1 pack) butter, softened but cold
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tablespoon coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon warm water
2-4 tablespoon milk
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
2. In another bowl, sift together the flour,sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until well combined. Add the coffee and mix again until just combined.
3.Scoop the batter into muffin pan with cupcake liners until around 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.Remove from oven and let it cool for
5 minutes before completely removing from the pan.
5. To prepare the frosting, in a large mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy, around 5 minutes. Slowly add in confectioners sugar and cocoa powder while continuously mixing.
6. Add vanilla and coffee and blend on low speed. Gradually add milk until you reach desired consistency. Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy.
7. Frost cupcakes then serve. Enjoy.
Filipino Style Recipe: Caramel French Toast is a popular breakfast meal that consisting of sliced bread soak in eggs-milk mixture then coated with sugar. Toast with butter over a low heat then serve with caramel syrup.
8 slices bread
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder(optional)
a dash of salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
powdered or confectioner’s sugar(optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt then mix until well blended
2. Soak the sliced bread for a few seconds into mixture one at a time then gently turn to coat the other side.
3. Coat with brown sugar.
1. In a frying pan, melt 1 teaspoon butter over low heat.
2. Toast each bread until bottom turns to golden brown then turn the bread over and do the same way.
3. Repeat the procedures for remaining slices.
1. Transfer toasted bread to serving plate, then dust with confectioners’ sugar.
2. Serve immediately with caramel syrup together with hot coffee.
Filipino Style Recipe: This chocolate chip cookies recipe gives you a double dose of chocolate goodness.
1 pack butter or margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat again until well combined.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Add into the batter and mix well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Farenheit.Remove from the oven and cool for 3-5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Filipino Style Recipe: Breakfast Beef and Potatoes is a simple breakfast beef dish similar to adobong giniling. The dish is consisting of marinated beef sirloin cut into thin strips then cooked together with diced potatoes. Best to serve during breakfast together with fried rice.
500 grams beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
2 pieces medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, cut into diced
4 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil flakes(optional)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano flakes(optional)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon grind pepper
salt and sugar to taste
1. Marinate beef for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat oil and fry the potatoes until slightly brown. Set aside.
1. In a same pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and bell pepper.
2. Add marinated beef then cook until light brown.
3. Add marinade, herbs, and chili flakes.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes then adjust seasoning according to taste. Add water if necessary.
5. Add fried potatoes then cook until sauce is thickens to nearly dry.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Banana Peanut Butter French Rolls is a simple yet special bread dish that can be served together with hot coffee. The bread flatten then fill with peanut butter and banana. Roll then dip in egg and milk mixture. Coated with sugar and cinnamon powder then fry until golden brown.
10 slices white bread
1 cup peanut butter
2-3 pieces banana, peeled and cut into quarter vertically
1 raw egg
1/2 cup milk
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 cup butter
caramel syrup (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon powder then mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk then whisk until combined.
1. Remove the crusts from each slice of bread then flatten with a rolling pin.
2. Fill each slice with peanut butter.
3. Add sliced banana and drizzle with caramel syrup then roll the bread tightly.
1. In a pan, melt butter. Dip each roll in egg-milk mixture then roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
2. Lightly fry each roll until golden brown. Drain.
3. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. serve immediately with hot coffee.