1 cup lemon juice (6-8 fresh lemons)
3 cups water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and water then bring to boil over low heat. Keep stirring until fully dissolved. Let it cool and chilled.
2.In a pitcher, combine lemon juice, lemon slices, syrup and water then stir until well combined. Serve with ice.
25 pieces spring roll wrappers
1 whole egg, beaten
vegetable oil for frying
400 grams chicken breast fillet, ground
1 onion, minced
1 small carrot, minced
3 stalks of parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients then mix well.
2. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in a line shape at the middle of the wrapper.
3. Fold over the bottom edge of the wrapper to the center.
4. Fold the two sides towards the center and roll. Use a bit egg to seal the last edge.
5. Repeat until all wrapped up.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil deep enough that wrapped lumpia is half-submerged.
2. When the oil is hot enough, deep fry lumpia for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
3. Drain on paper towel then serve with sweet and sour sauce.
4 cups young coconut strips(buko)
2 cans (15oz) fruit cocktail
1 jar(12 oz) Nata de coco
1 can(14 oz) condensed milk
1 pack(7 oz) all-purpose cream
1 small bottle sugar palm fruit(kaong)(optional)
1 can(8 oz) pineapple tidbits(optional)
1/2 cup jackfruit(langka)(optional)
100 grams raisins(optional)
1. In a strainer, drain all the fruits thoroughly for at least 30 minutes.
1. In a bowl, combine all fruits then gently stir.
2. Add condensed milk and all-purporse cream, mix until well blended
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
350 grams fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 pieces Chicken fillet
350 grams fettuccine, cooked according to package instruction
1/4 cup butter
1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese
chopped spring onion
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 pack all-purpose cream
1/2 cup full cream milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Rub chicken fillet with salt and pepper then grill until cook.
2. Cut into serving pieces and set aside.
1. In a pan, melt butter then add shrimp.
2. Season with salt and pepper then cook until starts to turn pink. Remove and set aside.
1. In a same pan, melt butter and add cornstarch. Mix until well blended.
2. Add all purpose cream, full cream milk, grated Parmesan cheese.
3. Mix well until thickens. Stir into pasta then add red bell pepper, chicken and shrimp.
4. Transfer into serving plate then sprinkle with grated cheese and chopped spring onion.
Note: Alfredo sauce is also available in grocery stores.
sponge cake, slice into 2 layers
1 can slices of peaches, well drained
1 can slices of pineapple, well drained
1 small bottle cherries, well drained
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 cups evaporated milk
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups water
1/4 cup sugar
Part 1 (Custard Cream):
1. In a saucepan, combine flour, milk, water and sugar then cook in a medium heat. Stir constantly until thickens.
2. Add egg yolks, butter and vanilla extract, cook for another 2-3 minutes or until well blended. Stir well and let it cool, set aside.
Part 2 (Cake Syrup):
1. In a saucepan, pour water and add sugar, cook over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
Part 3 (Gelatin):
1. In a saucepan, boil water and add unflavored gelatin, pineapple juice and sugar.
2. Simmer until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
Part 4 (Assembly):
1. In a rectangular container, arrange 1st layer of sponge cake.
2. Pour half of cake syrup over the sponge cake, spread the custard cream on top and arrange the fruits.
3. Place the 2nd layer sponge cake then repeat step 2.
4. Pour gelatin on top, refrigerate over night or until gelatin is firm. Serve chilled.
1. You may also used fruit cocktail.
2. Sponge cake is also available in grocery or bakery stores. (Sponge cake recipe).
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, put egg yolks and sugar. Stir until light and fluffy.
3. Add sifted flour and baking powder into egg mixture. Stir until well blended.
4. In a saucepan, combine milk, butter and vanilla extract. Cook until well blended.
5. Pour milk mixture into egg mixture. Stir until well blended.
6. Pour the mixture into non-stick 7 inch baking pan and bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes or until done. Let it cool.
500 grams spaghetti or any pasta
800 grams clams(halaan)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 head garlic, peeled and chopped
4 strips bacon, cut into cubes and fried
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
1 big can evaporated milk
2 x 250 ml all purpose cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
parsley for garnishing(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and mushroom then saute for 2-3 minutes.
2. In a same pan, add clams then cover and simmer until shells open.
3. Add the evaporated milk and all purpose cream then bring to boil while keep stirring.
4. Add the grated cheese then keep stirring for about 3-5 minutes or until beginning to thicken.
5. Add fried bacon then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. In a serving plate, arrange pasta then add the sauce on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese and garnish with parsley. Serve!
500 grams squid, clean and cut into rings
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika(optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
cooking oil for frying
1 pack romaine lettuce (greens)
4 pieces cherry tomatoes, halved
6 pieces pineapple chunk
chopped toasted nuts (optional)
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
chopped cilantro for garnishing
1. In a bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Add squid and dip in beaten egg, deep-fry for a minute or until golden brown. Do not overcooked. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
1. In a serving bowl, arrange lettuce, tomatoes, pineapple and toasted nuts.
2. Combine lime juice, wine vinegar, salt and pepper then drizzle into salad.
3. Top with fried calamari and cilantro. Serve immediately.
3/4 pork belly
1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped
4 medium-sized onions, chopped
4 pieces red chili(siling labuyo), chopped
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon peppercorn
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a big cooking pot, place water and bring to a boil.
2. Add pork belly then add peppercorn, bay leaves and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and let it cool for a few minutes.
1. Cut the pork belly into grilling size and grill until color turns to brown and crispy.
2. Remove from heat then cut into small slices.
1. In a big bowl, put the sliced pork belly with ginger, onions, red chili, ground pepper, vinegar and mayonnaise. Mix well and adjust seasoning with salt according to taste.
2. Serve and enjoy!
2 tablespoon butter/margarine
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 kilo shrimp, head removed
1/4 cup white soda(sprite,7up,etc)
1 piece salted egg, sliced
2 pieces tomatoes, minced
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a pan over medium heat, put butter and let it melt. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the shrimps and cook until color turns light orange. Add the soda and let it boil uncovered until it is reduced to 1/2. Put the salted egg and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally to avoid burning, until the sauce thickens and tomatoes are soft. Season with salt and pepper.