500 grams fresh mussels(tahong)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
2 thumb-sized ginger, finely sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 to 6 cups water, add more water if necessary
patis (fish sauce) to taste
ground black pepper to taste
chili leaves(dahon ng sili)
1. Wash the mussel thoroughly and drain.
2. Place the mussel in a bowl with water and salt.
3. Cover for several hours or overnight. This will allow the clams to expel sand.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute ginger, union and garlic.
2. Pour water then bring to boil. Season with fish sauce and pepper.
3. Add mussels then simmer for another 3 minutes or until shells are opened. Discard shells that did not open.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Add chili leaves and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat then serve.
1/4 kilo pork, cut into small cubes
1/4 kilo chicken liver and gizzard, sliced to small pieces(optional)
1/4 kilo shrimp, boiled and peeled
1 dozen quail eggs, boiled and shelled
12 pieces baby corn, sliced diagonally in half
100 grams snow peas(sitsaro)
1 piece medium carrot, sliced thinly
1/4 kilo cabbage, chopped 1 1/2″ squares
1/4 kilo broccoli or cauliflower, break into flowerettes
2-3 stalks leeks(kutsay), chopped 2″ long(optional)
2-3 stalks celery(kinchay), chopped 1″ long
1 piece red bell pepper, cut in strips
1 piece green bell pepper. cut in strips
2 to 3 tablespoons corn oil or vegetable oil
5 cloves garlic, diced
1 medium onion, minced
2 cups meat broth(Pork or Chicken stock)
1 teaspoon soy sauce or fish sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
3 teaspoons sesame seed oil(optional)
2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper, as needed
1. Simmer pork and remove scum that rises to the surface. Save the broth and set aside.
1. In a pan, saute the garlic and onion.
2. Add the pork, chicken liver and gizzard.
3. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Continue sauteing until pork and chicken giblets is slightly brown.
5. Add 1 cup meat broth, simmer for 15 minutes or pork and chicken giblets are cooked.
While waiting, prepare the sauce:
1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame seed oil, cornstarch and sugar.
2. Add the remaining cup of meat broth and dissolve the cornstarch.
1. When the pork and chicken giblets is tender, add the shrimp and quail eggs.
2. Add the carrot, baby corn and then all the vegetables.
3. Add the sauce, stirring until it thickens.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are done.
5. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Serve hot with rice.
1 kilo pork belly(cut into chunk cubes)
2 tablespoons pre-sauteed salted shrimp paste(bagoong alamang)
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 large size onion, chopped
2 large size tomatoes, chopped
4 chili peppers(labuyo), chopped
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup water
1 large eggplant; cut in slices
cooking oil for frying
1. In the frying pan, fry eggplants until color turn to brown. Put in the strainer and set aside.
1. In a pan, place pork and stir fry until start to render oil and color turns to light brown.
2. Add garlic, onion, chili peppers and tomatoes then saute until softened.
3. Add shrimp paste then stir cook for a minute.
4. Add vinegar and brown sugar then continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
5. Add water, cover and simmer over low heat until pork is tender. Add more water if needed.
6. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Add fried eggplants then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice
4 pieces Giant Squid
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
2 raw eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper then mix well.
2. Prepare beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
1. Clean the squid and remove the skin.
2. slit a long horizontal line on topside then press to flatten.
3. Slice 2 inch apart on both sides of the squid.
4. Skewered each squid then season with salt and pepper.
5. Dredge squid into dry mixture then shake off to remove excess mixture.
6. Dip in beaten eggs and dredge again into dry mixture to coat all sides.
7. Repeat the steps for the remaining squid. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat enough oil then deep fry each squid for a minute or until golden brown.
2. Drain then serve with dipping sauce.
6 plantains(saging na saba), peeled and sliced
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a cooking pot, boil water then add brown sugar. Keep stirring until dissolved.
2. Add vanilla extract and salt then stir well.
3. Put-in the plantains and simmer in a low heat for 15 minutes or until soft.
4. Let it cool then transfer into serving bowl. Serve with ice and milk.
1 kilo large shrimps, cleaned
12 medium cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup butter
1 can lemon soda
2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, marinade the shrimp in lemon soda for about 20 minutes.
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter in a low heat.
2. Saute the garlic until the color turns light brown.
3. Add shrimp and lemon soda, cook until the liquid completely absorb.
4. Add spring onion then seasoning with salt and ground pepper
5. Remove from heat, transfer to serving plate.
250 grams leftover lechon, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
1 red/green bell peppers, chopped
2 pieces green chili, sliced diagonally
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon ground pepper
cooked sunny side up egg(optional)
calamansi for garnishing
1. In a iron pan, heat oil then saute onion and bell peppers.
2. Add lechon and continue sauteing until becomes crispy.
3. Season with soy sauce and ground pepper. Add green chili then stir cook for a minute.
4. Transfer to hot sizzling plate. Serve immediately with egg and calamansi.
250 grams ground pork
1 cup cabbage, chopped into small pieces
20-25 pieces gyoza or dumpling wrappers
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
salt and ground white pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage and 1/2 teaspoon salt then let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze the cabbage firmly to discard excess water.
3. In a large bowl, ground pork, combine cabbage, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and ground white pepper then mix evenly with your hand.
1. Scoop a spoonful of mixture then place in the center of wrapper.
2. Moisten the entire edge of wrapper with water then fold in half.
3. Seal and crimp the edges then press against bottom into sheet pan.
4. Repeat the procedures to remaining mixture.
1. In a steamer, arrange the pork dumplings lined with cabbage leaves. 2. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
2. Serve with dipping sauce.
400 grams spaghetti pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
250 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 tablespoons capers
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
basil leaves for garnishing (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. In a nonstick pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil then stir fry shrimps until color turns to pink. Remove from the pan and set aside
1. In a same pan, saute garlic, dried basil, capers and chili flakes then saute for a minute.
2. Put back shrimp then season with salt and pepper.
3. Add remaining olive oil and pasta then toss until coat evenly.
4. Transfer to serving plate, garnish with basil leaves then serve.
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar(packed)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 2 teaspoon hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
M&M’s chocolate candies for toppings
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar using electric mixer for 3 minutes or until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla, baking soda mixture and salt then mix until well combined.
2. Add the flour to the mixture then mix using a spatula. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
3. Drop large spoonful of batter into ungreased pan then top with remaining chocolate chips and M&M’s chocolate candy.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from the oven, let it cool before removing from the pan.