1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
4 tablespoon red food color
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
red velvet crumb
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
200 grams cream cheese, softened
60 grams butter, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
A dash of salt
1. In a bowl, combine flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and salt then mix well. Set aside.
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (around 5 minutes).
2. Beat in eggs one at a time then mix in the sour cream, food color, and vanilla.
3. Add flour mixture gradually until just blended. (Do not overbeat as this will make the cupcake dry and hard.)
1. In a muffin pan, line muffin cups then fill-in batter up to 2/3 of the muffin cup.
2. Bake in preheated oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until done. (Cupcakes is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.). Let it cool.
1. In a electric mixer, whip butter on medium speed for 5 minutes or until becomes creamy.
2. Add cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and salt then keep mixing for another 5 minutes or until becomes light and fluffy.
3. Add sugar then beat until smooth.
4. Scoop and spread the frosting on top of cupcakes. Sprinkle with red velvet crumb.
Refrigerate before serving.
1 (800 grams)whole chicken
1 tablespoon rock salt
75 grams ginger, sliced
2 pieces onions, quartered
6 stalks lemon grass, pounded
1/2 tablespoon pepper
salt to taste
3 liters water
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
hainanese rice (optional)
dipping sauce: ginger sauce, sweet soy sauce and chili sauce (optional)
1. Rub and massage chicken with rock salt for 5 minutes.
2. In a stock pot, add half of the sliced ginger, onions, lemon grass, salt, pepper and water. Bring to boil.
3. Stuff the other half inside the chicken and add into stock pot. Let boil for 40 minutes over medium heat.
4. When the chicken is done, remove from heat and stand for 30 minutes.
1. In a pan, boil 3/4 cup of chicken broth and dissolved cornstarch. Adjust seasoning with salt.
2. Debone the chicken and transfer to serving plate. Pour the chicken with thickened stock then garnish with parsley.
3. Served with hainanese rice, ginger sauce, sweet soy sauce and chili sauce.
4. Served the remaining chicken broth as soup and adjust seasoning according to taste.
350 grams chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup cream of mushroom
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion,chopped
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Cooking oil for frying
2 tablespoons spring onions
1. Season chicken fillet with ginger powder, garlic powder, salt and ground pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat oil then fry chicken fillet over medium heat until light brown. Remove and set aside.
1. Saute garlic and onions. Add shiitake mushrooms then cook for 3 minutes.
2. Pour chicken stock then bring to boil.
3. Put back chicken then add cream of mushroom and spring onions.
4. Season with salt and pepper, keep stirring then continue cooking until almost thicken.
5. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with remaining spring onions. Serve.
Hotdogs, sliced each side
1. In a pan, combine water and oil then bring to boil.
2. Add hotdogs then cook for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
1. Skewered each hotdog then add marshmallow on top.
2. Repeat for the remaining pieces.
1 large onion, minced
1/2 kilo ground beef
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 pack 40g mcCormick Taco seasoning mix
2 piece tomatoes, minced,
1 cup finely chopped cabbage
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoon sour cream
4 tablespoon cheese spread
1 pack nachos chips
1. In a bowl, combine the beef and the taco seasoning mix. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and saute onion until translucent. Add the beef and continue suateing until the beef is browned and cooked, around 10-15 minutes. Transfer the beef in a plate with tissue to absorb excess oil.
2. In a big flat serving plate, arrange the nachos. Top with desire amount of grated cheese, beef, cabbage, tomatoes. Drizzle with sour cream and cheese spread.
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 medium onion, grated
4 cloves garlic, grated
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1/2 Kilo caldereta cut beef or ribs
1 medium onion
1 thumb ginger, sliced into strips
4 cloves garlic
white part of the scallions, chopped into 2 inch length
1 can shiitake mushroom, liquid removed, and sliced into half
1 medium carrot cut into chunks
sesame seeds for garnish
1.In a large pot over medium heat, put 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Add the beef, scallions, onion, ginger, and garlic. Keep in boiling and cook for 30 minutes. Remove scum on the top.
2. Strain the stock and set aside.
3. To prepare the marinade, combine the soy sauce, sugar, honey, sesame oil, grated garlic, onion and ginger, pepper and teriyaki sauce. Add the beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. After marinating, add 3 cups of the stock to the marinade and cook over medium heat. Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes or until the beef is tender.
5. Once the beef is tender add the mushroom and carrots and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Transfer to serving bowl and season with sesame seeds and remaining scallion leaves.
You can use this salted caramel sauce to drizzle on your favorite pastries or even on smoothies, or just eat it on its own as a dessert. You can prepare ahead of time and store in the fridge for future use.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoon all purpose cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a pan over medium heat, put the sugar and wait until it starts to melt. Do not stir the unmelted portion as this will cause the sugar to harden. The sugar will turn to thick amber colored liquid. You may now start stirring careful not to burn the sugar.
2. Stir the butter until completely melted.
3. Slowly drizzle the all purpose cream . The mixture will bubble rapidly, continuously stir until the cream is evenly incorporated.The mixture will thicken once cooled.
4. Remove from heat and stir half of the salt. You may add the other half depending on your preference to the saltiness of your salted caramel.
Note: Put in a bottle and cover tightly if not yet to be used. You may store this in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
We know that baby back ribs could be really expensive in the restaurants. If you have the time, why not make you own? It would cost you less and it is really not hard to do.
1 slab american ribs
1 cup barbecue sauce
3 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove the membrane from the ribs. To do this, slide a knife under the membrane and over a bone. Lift and loosen the membrane until it tears. Grab the edge of the membrane with a paper towel and pull it off.
1. In a pot, put a water enough to cover the ribs. Add the ribs and put salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Boil for 1 hour or until the meat is tender. Remove from the pot.
2. Brush the ribs liberally with barbecue sauce. Tear off aluminum foil enough to enclose the ribs. Wrap the ribs tightly with the aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit then bake ribs with the foil still on for 1 hour.
4. Remove from oven. Brush with remaining barbecue sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Filipino Style Recipe: This recipe is a combination of our favorite Nutella and healthy oatmeal. It is very easy to prepare, perfect snack for you and your kids.
Yields: 16 bars
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup original flavor quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup Nutella
1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal,sugar, and baking powder. Add the butter and mix until well combined.
2. Pour 3/4 of the mixture in an 8×8 baking pan and press down to make a compact base.
3. Pour the Nutella over the mixture and spread all over.
4. Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350 Farenheit for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and dust with confectioner’s sugar. Cut into bars and serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: Kare Udon is a popular curry soup dish inspired by Indian and Japanese cuisine. Generally the soup is made of udon noodles with thick curry flavoured broth.
1 pack udon noodles
3 cups vegetable broth
250 grams beef tenderloin, cut into serving pieces
2 tablespoons oil
1 white onions, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
3 black fungus mushrooms(tengang daga), chopped
1/2 Chinese cabbage (baguio pechay), cut into pieces
2 cubes curry roux
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 hard-boiled egg, halves
1 stalk onion leeks, chopped
1. Cook noodles according to package instruction. Set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil then stir fry beef until brown all sides. Set aside.
2. Saute onion, mushroom, carrot and curry powder. Pour a cup of vegetable soup then cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Add curry roux and beef then stir cook until then meat is tender and the sauce thickens.
4. Add the rest of vegetable, broth and curry mixture. Simmer for a few minutes.
5. Prepare cooked udon noodles in a bowl then pour the curry soup.
6. Add hard boiled egg then garnish with green onions. Serve.