200 grams all-purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 raw egg, beaten
300 ml evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
vanilla whipped cream
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Mix well.
2. In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
3. Combine the two mixtures then whisk until well blended.
1. Heat a non-stick pan in a low heat, grease using melted butter then scoop and pour 1/3 cup of batter.
2. Swirl the batter then cook for 20 seconds or until almost set. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
3. Repeat the steps for the remaining batter.
4. Transfer the pancakes to serving plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar then serve with maple syrup and vanilla whipped cream.
4 boneless chicken breast, cut into serving pieces
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch(dissolve in 1 tablespoon cold water)
1. In a bowl, mix the egg, soy sauce and white pepper together.
2. Add the chicken breast and soak for 30 minutes.
1. Remove the chicken from mixture. Coat the chicken with cornstarch.
2. In a pan, heat canola oil and fry chicken for about 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is crisp and tender. Drain on paper towels and transfer on a serving plate. Set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, mix sesame oil, water, ginger, honey, lemon juice and salt together.
2. Heat over low flame, cover and bring to boil for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant and all the mixtures are dissolved and mixed well. Discard the ginger.
3. Add the cornstarch mixture into a honey-lemon sauce and bring to boil in a medium heat. Simmer for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat. (If the sauce is too thick, add a small amount of water. )
4. Pour the honey-lemon sauce over chicken. Garnish with sliced lemon.
5. Serve and Enjoy!
2 cups sticky rice(malagkit)
4 cups coconut milk(gata)
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1. In a cooking pot, boil sticky rice and water and cook until the rice is done and almost dry. Set aside.
1. In a big wok, boil the coconut milk in low heat, stir occasionally until most of the liquid evaporates and the oil separating from the milk. Continue stirring until brownish residues are formed. Drain the brownish residues and set aside. This will serve as toppings(latik) for biko.
1. Then dilute brown sugar in the remaining oil, keep stirring until the texture becomes thick.
2. Add the cooked sticky rice in the mixture then mix well, continue cooking until all the liquid evaporates but do not overcook. Remove from heat.
3. Transfer the cooked biko in a serving plate then flatten the surface.
4. Spread the toppings over the surface and slice into serving pieces. Enjoy!
6 plantains(saging na saba), peeled and sliced
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a cooking pot, boil water then add brown sugar. Keep stirring until dissolved.
2. Add vanilla extract and salt then stir well.
3. Put-in the plantains and simmer in a low heat for 15 minutes or until soft.
4. Let it cool then transfer into serving bowl. Serve with ice and milk.
1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder(optional)
1/2 cup mango puree
1 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 raw eggs
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup mango or mango puree
1/4 cup sugar
Whipping cream for garnishing (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine crushed graham, cinnamon powder, sugar and butter then mix until well combined.
2. In a springform pan, spread and press down the crust mixture up to 1/2 inch thick then refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
3. Bake in a preheated oven over 350 F for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
1. In a blender, combine mango puree, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs and lemon extract. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour and spread evenly the filling into the crust up to 1 inch thick then bake at 325 F for 40 minutes or until firm. Test for doneness, if toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove and let it cool.
1. Boil sugar and remaining mango puree until slightly thicken.
2. Pour the mixture over the cheesecake. Add whipping cream on the side, chill at least 8 hours. Serve cold.
2 pieces pizza crust(10-12 inch diameter)
1 1/2 cup pizza sauce or tomato sauce
150 grams mozzarella cheese or quick melt, grated
dried herb(basil, oregano, rosemary)
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
3 pineapple slices, cut into cubes
5 black forest ham, cut into small squares
1. Place pizza crust in a flat surface, ladle enough pizza sauce into the center and spread it out in a spiral motion. Leave about 1/2 inch of unsauce pizza at the edges.
2. Spread grated cheese on top then arrange toppings evenly.
3. Sprinkle grated cheese and dried herb on top of the toppings. Repeat for the other crust.
1. Preheat oven over 350 degrees Fahrenheit then bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust are crisp and the cheese is melted.
2. Remove from the oven then transfer to round sheet. Cut into 8-12 serving slices then serve with hot sauce.
500 grams macaroni pasta
500 grams ground beef
1 pack(150 grams) tomato paste
3 large-sized tomatoes, diced
2 red bell peppers, diced
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, minced
1 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
sugar, salt and pepper to taste
5 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 big can(380 grams) evaporated milk
80 grams Cheddar Cheese
40 grams Parmesan Cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
Part 2 (Meat Sauce)
1. In a pan, heat olive oil then add butter, ground beef and cook until starts to brown. Set aside.
2. In a same pan, saute garlic, onions, tomatoes and bell peppers until soft.
3. Add ground beef, beef broth, tomato paste and paprika then stir and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
4. Season with sugar, salt and pepper to taste then cook for a minute.
5. Add cooked pasta then toss until well combined. Set aside.
Part 3 (White Sauce)
1. In a separate pan, melt butter then add flour and stir until well blended.
2. Pour milk then bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper then stir until starts to thickens.
3. Add cheddar and Parmesan cheese then stir until melted and well blended. Set aside.
1. In a baking pan, add macaroni mixture then spread evenly.
2. Pour white sauce on top then spread evenly and make sure to secure the edges.
3. Bake in a preheated oven over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until the top is light brown.
4. Remove from oven then let it cool for a while before serving. Enjoy!
1 can tuna flakes in oil, drained
1 white onion, minced
3 pieces chili, chopped
2 tablespoons crushed chicharon
1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon margarine
1 raw egg (optional)
1. In bowl, combine tuna flakes, chicharon, mayonnaise, onion and chili.
2. Heat sizzling plate over low flame then grease with margarine.
3. Add tuna mixture then season with liquid seasoning. Mix well.
4. Add raw egg then mix again until cooked.
5. Remove from heat then serve immediately with calamansi and steamed rice. Enjoy.
Yield: 30 pieces
3 cups powdered milk, sifted
1.75 cups condensed milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar, sifted
1. In a mixing bowl, pour powdered milk then add condensed milk gradually. Mix well until the texture is similar to dough.
2. Scoop a spoonful of mixture and mold into desired shapes then roll in granulated sugar.
3. Repeat until all the mixture are consumed. Wrap into cellophane or paper.
1 cup white rice
2 cups chicken stock
200 grams smoked sausage, diced
1 cup annatto oil (1 cup vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon annatto seeds)
1 cup tomato puree
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika powder
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 bay leaves
1/4 cup green peas
salt and ground pepper to taste
slice of Hard-boiled egg
slice of Lemon
1. In a pan, heat annatto oil then saute garlic, onion, and sausage for 3 minutes. Add paprika powder and bell pepper(half) then continue sauteing for a minute.
2. Add tomato puree, oyster sauce, and bay leaves then stir cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the rice then pour chicken stock. Add more water if necessary. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
4. Add green peas and remaining bell pepper then season with salt and ground pepper according to taste. Cook for another 3 minutes.
5.Transfer the jambalaya rice into sizzling plate then top with grilled pork and meatballs. Garnish and serve.